Tuesday 1 July 2008

The Frequency Decreases....

Not the number of times I'm having sex - no (well, that too!).

Logging onto FB! Don't get me wrong - I'm an avid fan of FB. It's put me back in touch with a lot of people that I'd lost contact with. It's also put me in contact with people who I didn't really want to talk to once we'd left high school.

It's here that my ranting begins.

1. If I didn't talk to you in high school - I don't want to talk to you now. Please don't add me - I will reject you.
2. If we were friends at high school, but we lost touch and you can't see any pictures of me - it's because you're on Limited Profile (LP). If you keep bugging me about pictures, I will tell you that!
3. If I've only met you once/said one word to you, then the chances are I will not go home and search through our mutual friends to add you. Please try not to do the same. I won't be offended!

And by far the worst that I've seen:

4. People who I know that couldn't stand each other in the past/never spoke to each other are FB friends with each other! Why?

One of my friend's GF added me the other day. I ummed and ahhed about it for a whole day before rejecting her! I've never met her nor have I ever spoken to her. Just because I'm good friends with her BF doesn't mean we have to be friends! She wasn't impressed apparently - well tough shit!

A haphazard post done just before I leave work! Apologies for any spelling or grammatical errors as well as the randomness of it! :)

7 comments:

Ahamed Nizar said...

god i feel the same way.

today i got a request from some girl who looked like a hooker. a desperate one.

Lady divine said...

ah, I know what you mean.....
I think some people just want to show off a big friends list....
I hope it doesn't turn into a hi5 which was pretty shitty later on!

I get requests from weird ass people too... and if I don't know them much, I just reject without much thought..:)

Anonymous said...

u seem like one tough coookie ;-)

i guess the whole site serves on different level of purpose.. depends how u wanna make use of it.. keep it simple n tidy as much as u like i suppose...

Anonymous said...

speaking of which... i need to spend an entire day, and sort my limited users list. never gotten down to doing that.

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

Does that mean you wont add me?!?!?
*sits in a corner and sobs* heheh Maybe there's something wrong with me...i tend to add everyone and delete after they turn out to be freaks...!

Scrumps said...

AN: Thank God I'm not the only one!

LD: I know waht you mean about the friend's list - some people have some serious issues!

~ lo$t $oul ~: Defintely not a tough cookie, just someone who's had enough! ;)

Chaarmax: It seriously helps! Limited profile rocks!

KK: Lol - Not yet my dear. Maybe in good time! :)

Gehan said...

haha i totally agree.. but da weirdest was recently, some (rather hot) gal added me on fb.. i didnt kno her, so went thru her frens list to see if i knew an aquaintance..

there i found at least 10 ppl wit da same first name as mine..

coincidence? hmmm.. highly unlikely.. all in all, very disturbing..