Thursday 17 July 2008

Messy Threesomes

Basically I was propositioned to have a threesome with a couple who are both good friends of mine....... No, not really but I thought I'd ensnare you into reading what is most probably a mind numbing post!

I've just returned from Lanzarote with two of my girlfriends - B (best friend) and RL (very good friend). Now B and I go way back - we went to high school together and despite not being best friends (BF) (I feel like I'm in high school using that term but needs must!) at the time - we cemented our relationship as BF when we lived together during university. RL and I have known each other for about 8 years or so and she has become a good friend of mine. I don't tell her all my worldly secrets though (not like I tell you guys!) because she does have a habit of judging people.
Last time I went on holiday with RL and B (and 3 other boys), there was a lil' tension - and we only went away for 3 days! A lot of "I felt left out" feelings. So I wasn't looking forward to the trip so much.
Before we left RL mentioned to both B and I (only half-heartedly) that we shouldn't proclaim our BF-ness! Erm.. okie so we decided to become very conscious if were doing that.
Here you need to concentrate:

RL introduced me to A (male). A is my crush. A and I get along really well despite this (whether he knows or not). I introduced A to B and they also get along very well. When A, B and I are together - we have so much fun. RL and A are not as close as they once were - time, distance and change does not always bode well on friendships.

So obviously as girly holidays go - there's bound to be some deep and meaningfuls and a lot of talk of sex. One night, after a few drinks and revelations galore, everything was going really well. We came back from a night of clubbing and I was ready to sleep - B tells me that I care for A more than her and RL stirs the pot saying that I do spend a lot of time with him. I tell B not to be silly. That I love her and she comes before A. Always. RL says that she feels left out when A and I go out or do things together. Even more so when A, B and I do stuff! And so there were tears and tantrums and a completely bewildered Scrumpy! WTF just happened?! RL asking why I don't love her as much as B?! B asking why I don't love her as much as A?! All this at 5 in the morning! Clearly my mental capacity was unable to cope with this so I kinda went to sleep!

The following morning - our apartment was so silent. RL announced she was going for a walk. B was still asleep. So off went RL, B had a coughing fit so I checked she was OK. And then B apologised and told me how RL had been saying stuff when I was having a shower and stuff basically making her doubtful (Stirring like nobody's business!)!

The point of this is though - can you have a threesome of girls be good/best friends? How many of you are a threesome of best friends?

The moral of this: Never to go on holiday with RL again and clearly never tell anyone about when I'm seeing A!

12 comments:

Jack Point said...

bloody hell, women are so complicated.

Anonymous said...

Goes to show that women are just nuts....

Anonymous said...

N, it is more than nuts, they would like you to think they are nuts!
Man Jack Only now you realize?
Mad, that was like the bungee jump I recently took, it is so cool and great but I always wanted it to stop!

Sachini said...

strange. I've never been part of girl drama of this sort. and hopefully I never have to, it sounds horrible.

Lady divine said...

I hvn't quite gotten myself involved in anything like that..
I read your crush post only now.. makes me feel so connected to it..:)
I'd like to write too but something holds me back coz he reads my blog once in a while..:(
i dunno what to do...

anyways.... hope it all gets better..
and these incidents form the story of our lives..:)

Anonymous said...

and here i thought it'd be ur experience at 3some.. ;-) hehe

why do woman have to be so complicated & shoot out the most WTF??!?! in the middle of nowhere??

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...i've been there and done that...a best buddy girlfriends in school once cried on me saying we had grown apart coz i liked HER friend...i SO know where this is coming from!!! heheh...funny how what we do seems to affect others in ways we would never conceive!!! ah the intricacies of humanity!!! shoot em all!!!

Sunshine Junkie said...

oh good god, thats crazy! Altho B seems a rational person who just got worked on. Yiiiiiiikes!! No wonder you went to sleep :D

Spider said...

you CAN totally be best friends with more than one girlfriend! (although i'm not sure that you need a number divisible by 2 - let me explain)
i have 3 best girl friends! the four of us were in the same class since we were 11 and have been inseparable since we were 14!
(of course i suppose this is different for you, since you and BL have been friends for a shorter period of time that yourself and B)

but i fell out with one of them... and went through the "i abosolutely hate her" phase.. but the other two were there to calm me down and encourage me to work things out eventually.. so i think it's actually a good thing to be a threesome! hehe

Scrumps said...

JP and N: Lol. Not all of us are complicated or nuts. We just have some issues! :-P

Kalu: Lol -nice analogy!

Sach: I'm past caring but it does suck!

LD: Thank you!

~ lo$t $oul ~: Lol - maybe another time?! ;-)

KK: It's all a bit lame really innit?!

PM: Exactly!

Spider: You can have more than one best friend male or female but IMO I don't think you can all hang out too intensely! :)

Thackshila said...

OMG, does it really matter that u name one best and another second best??

I mean from what I understand, each person in our lives have their own unique place, none could be replaced coz its the individual that makes the impression on us, and we react to the individual.. what and how u feel for B u will not feel for RL, and what u feel for RL u will never feel for B, and A will have his own unique place which is totally diff from all of them. coz love is not simple and straight forward as that!!!
Just tell them that they all have a unique place in ur heart and none is second to the other.. :)

Gehan said...

whoa.. its 2am here, n my mind is jus not capable o processing this..

.... a threesome would have been SOOO much simpler....! >:D