Tuesday 23 September 2008

I Am Who I Am

I am Tamil and proud.

I am British and proud.

I am Sri Lankan and proud.

I am a girl trying to right the wrongs of the world.

I am the girl who is over her crush.

I am the friend that takes all your shit.

I am the daughter of an alcoholic.

I am the girl who is far too emotional for her own good.

I am the girl that wouldn't change the above statement for anything.

I am the girl that dreams of giving everything up to travel but is scared of not having a regular income.

I am the girl that will not be broken by your continuous put downs.

I am the girl who will catch you if you fall.

I am the true love that you let get away.

I am the avid cloud watcher.

I am the sister that will support you in everything.

I am my own representative.


I am who I am because of everyone. © See the Orange Rock Corps ad!

I decided to write this post because I saw a link on another blog that basically linked to here with the link titled as "The Tamil Community in London". I did leave a comment saying that I think it's unfair that the blog author feels the need to tar all Tamils with the same brush. I am part of the Tamil community in London and these Tamils in no way represent me so how is it "THE" Tamil community in London? It's a small few individuals. Obviously the comment didn't stay up but it is their blog and they are entitled to write and publish whatever they want (as am I).

20 comments:

Gehan said...

I am... inspired! :)

I am also a bad, bad man, but that's a different topic entirely... :D

i love the "I am the true love that you let get away".. very niize, very niize...

Anonymous said...

you are not mad and I am happy to read your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

*bow*

We are wht we are!!

Lady divine said...

*clap*

This is really good....

I am happy to have read this...

Way to go..:)

TheWhacksteR said...

you forgot 'im the girl who has an excellent blog' :D

santhoshi said...

Good post..

Sachini said...

you still cloud watch? i started a while back but guess it's something you have to naturally be inclined to do.

Dili said...

Standing Ovation

ifyoulike said...

very nice :)

Scrumps said...

Gehan: Like I've said before - I do try!

Kalu: Awww - bless your heart. Thank you. And they are there to be shared!

~ lo$t $oul ~: We are indeedy!

LD: Awww - thank you.

The Whackster: You're far too kind. Thank you.

Santhoshi: Thanks.

Sach: I love cloud watching. there is something so peaceful and calm about them!

Dili: There's simply no need for that but thank you! :)

Sapphira: Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Nice post!! I haven't cloud watched in years...used to really get into it as a kid...wow that just made me realize how hectic my life is!:(

Rine said...

thats fabulous!! thank u for ur comment.. it made me write again :D

uhu said...

I'm touched.. this is very sweet!

Scrumps said...

N: Aww - well, hopefully you'll find some time soon to watch the clouds!

Rine: Aww - anytime!

Uhu: The advice is free! I hope you feel better!

Deecee: Thank you.

Angel said...

Nice reading Scrumpy... you're and amazing person with an ultra cool blog! Cheers!

Queen from Another Planet said...

Very, very nice. Better than nice.

I might shamelessly plagiarize this; that's how much I like it.

Gutterflower said...

Lovely post. You're luck that you've come to terms with your culture and your identity.

I've spent my entire life fighting it.

uhu said...

Thanks for the advice.. even more for the hugs. I do feel a little better.. its tough though.. not used to be not hitched. My initial comment though... was about your post.

ifyoulike said...

yay you're in london! add me on fb so we can meet up or something. my full name is shruthi mathews

Jerry said...

Cool. I can just imagine an ad on TV with this stuff in it... Hmmm...

And that is a shiny specimen of "bad" generalization. The serious kind.

Nice blog!