Thursday 1 May 2008

Scrumpy the Sucker

If any of you have your mind in the gutter as you click on this post - get it out! I'm not that kinda girl... (Chaarmax - I see what you mean about a conjunctive pause!).

Stuff that I'm a sucker for (and in no particular order):

  1. The Apprentice: This is a programme that basically has an x number of contestants trying to win a high paying job with one of Britain's biggest(?) entrepreneurs - Sir Alan Sugar. It's fantastic TV and the latest series is amazing. If you guys haven't had a chance to watch it, there are some clips on youtube. I would love Raef to win! Check out this clip where he defends Sara - such a gent!
  2. Manners: Speaking of Raef and gentlemen - I am a big sucker for manners. Whether they are from women, men (who somewhat become automatically more attractive!), or children - I don't care. I just think that it's so easy to say "please", "thank you", "excuse me" or "I'm sorry". I also find it highly endearing when men hold open doors for women, or let a woman onto public transport first - it just shows me that chivalry is not yet dying! I'm a big sucker for men with manners. Even the hottest guy can become unattractive if he doesn't have any!
  3. American Idol: I've never been that interested in this but for some reason I have watched this series from the audition stage and it's coming quite close to the final. I would love to see David win and this is not so much due to his singing abilities (though he is good - granted). It's more down to the fact that he is sooooo polite! I love it!

These are just a few in my list of stuff - there are so many other things but thinking about it now, I think that most of the things I find endearing have manners/pleasantness at it's core.

It's amazing how something so small will change how people portray you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be totally honest with you.. I really don't know what that means (conjunctive pause). I just picked a posh sounding name out of thin air, and made a justification for my bad habit. :) But if by chance it picks up, I want my royalties, especially since that google has already cached it. :o)

As for The Apprentice, no clue abt the British version, but I hate the US version by Trump.

Anonymous said...

Gosh Sugars makes me quake. I watched my first episode a few weeks ago with one of my flatmates. My God the man is harsh. Trump has nothing on him!

I'm sure that Richard Branson was their first choice before him though! That would've made some really entertaining television.

Ian Selvarajah said...

I only watch American Idol during the tryouts as that's the most entertaining part...then I stop!

I've never seen the British Apprentice (I've watched the American one once), but Richard Branson would have been awesome!!

Gutterflower said...

I confess that I'm a sucker for good manners as well. Unfortunately over here, from what I've seen chivalry died a looong time ago.

And I'm rooting for David Cook! I was an Archuleta fan but I switched sides.

DC keeps getting better every week. :)

Scrumps said...

Chaarmax: Trump has nothing on Sugar in my opinion. And this series makes riveting TV!

Rasti: I think Branson comes across as very mild mannered but it would have been nice to get an insight into the workings of his mind!

Ian: I usually stop after the auditions too but I was such a sucker for David... I couldn't help myself :$

Gutterflower: :O - Traitor but it ahs taken me a lot not to switch. One of the reasons I'm so loyal though is because he is too polite! :)