Thursday 30 December 2010

Happy Times

I used to work with this beautiful Mauritian guy (JB). Honestly, I remember the first time he walked into the shop I worked at and from then on, every Saturday I looked forward to knowing that I would see him. He was so hot and of course he had that French Creole accent going on so I pretty much melted every time he spoke. Which unfortunately wasn't that much because he was quite quiet but I made the most of it. It wasn't a secret that I thought he was beautiful and my manager at the time (when he himself wasn't sexually harassing "flirting" with me!) had great fun making us both feel quite uncomfortable. There came a point where JB asked me out to the cinema so I agreed. We went to see a Hindi film. With no English subtitles. Which basically meant I sat there whispering into his ear asking questions about the plot line!


The time came for me to leave my Saturday job - and I was sad to be leaving JB. We'd begun to get along really well. As I was getting ready to leave, in walks JB with a beautiful bunch of roses. I wasn't as emotional then as I am now but I was so touched. I still have those dried roses!

And then JB had to go back to Mauritius. We kept in touch and I thought to myself that I would have somewhere to stay if I ever visited the place!
Last September I received a phone call. A number I didn't recognise. And it was JB! He was back to do his MSc. YAY!

Despite our random FB messages, we only managed to meet up yesterday. Lunch and a movie followed by a romantic friendly walk around Covent Garden. He told me there would be reindeer there! Whilst I was watching a street performer, he told me to wait there and he was going to look for them. He came back with a paper bag.

S: What did you get?
JB: A pretzel. I was hungry!
S: We just ate! How are you hungry?
JB: Do you want some?
S: No thank you.
JB: Well I had mine - this one is for you.

And then he promptly handed me the bag. And it wasn't a pretzel. It was a cuddly toy!

And I melted some more. *swoon*

10 comments:

Sabby said...

Awwwwwwwwwww ;)

Guiding Spirit said...

Very very cute :) Hope you get more 'swoon-worthy' moments with JB !! xx

Cadence said...

Awwww! Just Awwww :)

Delilah said...

so sweet :)enjoy!

Dee said...

OMG SOUNDS LIKE A KEEPER! YAY. BEAUTIFUL BABIESSS!!

the caps obviously show my excitement :D

Angel said...

oh woooow!!!! *jumps up and down clapping* he sounds so great, Scrumps!

Jack Point said...

Sound nice, good luck.

cj said...

Awwww how sweet but am sure you are glad that his initials were not the other way round :)

Gadgetgirl said...

sounds interesting. goood luck. and happy new year scrumps.

Scrumps said...

Ssbby: Indeed! :)

GS: Aww - I don't know about that but one is better than none.

Cadence: :)

Delilah: I will try.

Dee: A lil' over excited but we would have if I even thought about it like that! :P

Angel: Seriously? :P

JP: Thanks

CJ: LOL! Indeed I was!

GG: Thanks.

All: To be fair, I think you've all got a lil' overexcited but it was a lovely gesture nonetheless! :)