Friday 19 November 2010

Secrets

I'm trying to avoid talking about marriage with anybody and everybody but it seems that people are getting married left, right and centre!

RL is getting married. But I haven't been officially told yet.

Conversation with B on Monday went like this:

B: Dude, I have something to tell you and I really want to but I can't!!!

Scrumps: Oh man! You can't do that! What is it?

B: I can't!

S: OK - fine.

B: OK - It's RL.

S: OK - is it what I think it is?

B: What do you think it is?

S: Well marriage....?

B: *Silence*

S: No way?! That's great news!

B: But I wasn't allowed to tell anyone and you have to act VERY surprised!

And then she proceeds to tell me a lil' bit more about it.

Cue this morning, my conversation with A:

A: Man I need to tell you something but you have to PROMISE you can't tell anyone!

S: I promise.

A: It's about RL. Do you know?

S: Know what?

A: OK - you can't tell anyone about this. She hasn't told anyone. Promise?

S: Promise!

A: She's getting married!!!!!!!!

S: Nooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! (rolling my eyes slightly). To who? When? How?!

A: *proceeds to tell me some stuff*. You can't tell anyone OK. Not even B. RL hasn't told anybody! And you best act surprised!

And then they wonder why I don't share my secrets wholeheartedly with them!

But I love the fact that they love me enough to want to share!

2 comments:

Guiding Spirit said...

Similar process when a friend is pregnant and it is a 'secret' until you are officially told by the person concerned :)

santhoshi said...

"But I love the fact that they love me enough to want to share! "
like that scrumpy!
I hope you manage to stay suprised.