Monday 10 November 2008

You Gotta Love Monday Mornings.....

A slightly different variation on Gutter’s episode of Monday mornings.

So I walked into my local shop by the tube station today. I would try and type this in Thanglish but it wouldn’t do it justice!

Cute – ish guy who works in the shop (CGWWITS):
Are you from SL? (In English)

Me: Yes. (In English)

CGWWITS: Tamil ah? (In Tamil now)

Me: Yes I’m Tamil. (In English)

CGWWITS: Are you working or studying? (Brownie points for thinking I still look young enough to be studying! – In Tamil)

Me: Yes I am.

CGWWITS: Oh. Whereabouts? (Still in Tamil)

Me: Mentions a vague area of London.

CGWWITS: Oh, ok. So what’s your name? (In Tamil still)

Me: Thank you, bye… *pays for goods and literally legs it out of the shop* (Definitely in English!)

9 comments:

Gehan said...

:D jus another day in da life of scrumpy ;)

PseudoRandom said...

First a bus driver, now a shop assistant? You on a roll, girl! ;-)

Jerry said...

heh,

"Gutter"
:D

Jack Point said...

I noticed you've changed the name of your blog, perhaps that explains these incidents....?

Anonymous said...

aney bung!!! I though you said he was CUTE?!?! So what if he was a bit stalkerish as well...he WAS cute was he not? (In kaisers kingdom thats all that really matters! :p ) hehe you should have given him your number and gone through the trauma of changing it all because of him...im contradicting myself arent i?...hmmm....*walks off before he says stupider things* Buh bye you! hugs!

Anonymous said...

Btw..i LOVE your trippy-floating-tag cloud thingamjig!!! Very very entertaining *grins happily*

Scrumps said...

Gehan: If only you knew!

Pseudorandom: Yeah - clearly! *please note the voice dripping in sarcasm*

Jerry: "Heh" HUH?!

JP: Because my heart is on my sleeve I'm just putting out more?! :-P

KC: Oh my God - the trauma of changing numbers. I defintely do not want to go back there!
And the cloud thing is cool no? I like! :)

Gehan said...

my cloud is cooler... ;)

hi :D lol..

Thackshila said...

lol... happens I guess.. :P