Tuesday 8 April 2008

My Face

If you were to see me as I was reading a newspaper on the tube whilst listening to my iPod, you'd probably think I had some kind of gurning problem. And to be honest with you, I wouldn't be surprised!

I have a very animated face. If the eyes are the window to the soul then I am completely transparent. I often find myself smiling at the weirdest stories in the newspapers, trying to conceal my contempt when I'm reading manifestos from London's Mayoral Contenders(!), or hearing the most explicit/cheesy/romantic lyrics on my iPod which I probably don't pay much attention to when it's on a big stereo but seems so much more intense when it's so close to my ear drum!

It's at times like this, that I find myself catching the eye of another commuter who smiles so randomly at me that I can't help but blush and smile back. Because, I know they're thinking that I'm a complete and utter nutter! I then bury my face in the newspaper and try to avoid looking at anyone for the rest of the journey but am suddenly totally aware that I actually have an expression for most of my feelings!
So when the gorgeous man who smiled at me after catching one of my moments smiled at me again and again (was the frequency of my expressions increasing?!) - I couldn't help but look at him repetitively!
What made this journey even more satisfying is that I caught him smiling randomly at his book - I'm glad I'm not the only one out there! Maybe that's why he kept smiling at me! :)

2 comments:

Jack Point said...

Nice way to start the day.

Scrumps said...

For the gorgeous guy or me?! ;-)

But you're right, there are worse ways to start the day.