Wednesday 13 February 2008

Impending Doom!

Tomorrow is St Valentine's day. Totally over hyped and commercial and yet I know I'll still succumb and end up buying a card, sending some over priced roses and generally feeling like shit when I don't receive nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

It's not usually that bad - the last couple of years I've had someone send me a card at least. This year. I'm totally single and I have the biggest crush known and I'm pretty sure I'm passed the age of crushes. Should I tell him is what's been pretty much running through my mind since the weekend. Should I? If so, should I send him a card/flowers/signed/unsigned. I should probably tell him just to get it out of my system but then I'm stuck in that good ol' moral dilemma of whether we'd lose our friendship! What to do? (Rhetorical!)

We've known each other for about 10 months now maybe and we've even been on holiday together (amongst a group of friends!) and we have fun. I don't think physically I'm his type which is fair enough but I'm not a minger! I mean, I can get by so why all this fussing and completely belittling and making fun of me everytime he sees me? Playground tactics? Is the only reason he hasn't pulled my pigtails yet and run off blushing to hide behind the nearest shed due to the fact that I don't wear pigtails?! Maybe I should and see what he does. I think he already knows as well. I don't think I've been too subtle about it!

Oh well, I'll just have to live with it and rack up my phone bill by texting people replies to all their "Happy Valentine's Day" crappy texts!

0 comments: