Tuesday 7 September 2010

Unfoolish

If you Google the lyrics to Ashanti's "Unfoolish" - you'll see I'm in a good place today.

I've copied and pasted the first verse and the chorus just to give you an idea of how I am:

I think I found my strength to finally get up and leave
No more broken heart for me
No more tellin' your lies to me
I'm lookin' like I got my head on right so now I see
No more givin' you everythin'
There's no more takin' my love from me
See my days are cold without you
But I'm hurting while I'm with you
And though my heart can't take no more,I can't keep running back to you
See my days are cold without you
But I'm hurting while I'm with you
And though my heart can't take no more,
I won't keep running back to you
You know the tears have finally stopped. Not completely but at least they've stopped being continuous. To be fair, I've been busy - I haven't thought about him as much. That closure call really helped. I miss him. Not as a better half but as my best friend.
But - friendships are always being lost and gained. So hopefully there's other things in store.

5 comments:

T said...

hope ur doing good scrump. it's funny u put this up at this moment. guess it's kind of apt for me too. oh well, u live, u learn. take care.

cj said...

Hey!!! Glad to hear the pain is less I always believe that when one door closes another (better)one always opens!

Me-shak said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better :D

Cheers!

crystal flame said...

i knew it'd pass by. so glad you are doing good, and thanks for sharing the song. *holds your hand to walk through it*

Rad said...

I guess losing a friend, rather a best friend is the worst part in this. Glad your feeling better... Hold on! After all, life does go on!!