Wednesday 18 August 2010

Hurt

It’s been a week now since I found out. And for the first four days, I was an emotional wreck. Bursting into tears at any given moment. It wasn’t pretty. I didn’t tell anyone for the first two days apart from those that read the blog. Telling them made it real. But then I realised that I couldn’t do it on my own. So I told my siblings. My brother first seeing as he was around. God, that was hard. My siblings have always liked you. I wasn’t able to stop the tears. And then my sister, later on that night once she was around. My sister (being the feisty girl she is), did not mince her words. I think sometimes you need tough love to help you come to term with things. She called you all kinds of names. It didn’t ease the hurt any less but I knew I was loved. Not the love that is offered from a companion but unconditional love from my family. And yet it still hurt and the tears kept coming. The worst was trying not to let Amma see me cry. That night, after I told my siblings, my sister went to work and I remember my brother giving me the biggest hug whilst I cried on his shoulder. And still it hurt.

Amma knows now as well, I think she would have like to have seen us end up together but it’s enough with just my humiliation. I don’t want her to say anything to you and be humiliated also. There’s nothing like a hug from your mum when you’re heartbroken to comfort. And still it hurt.

The weekend came and with nothing to do but wallow, I tried to keep the tears at bay. I wanted to call you. I needed to call you. My brother didn’t leave me alone the whole day. It was almost like I was on suicide watch (no offence). The tears flowed every now and then and I was an emotional wreck. I think what I’ll miss is the fact that I will have no one to call when the AP goes into extreme mode. No one else I know that can relate or talk to about it without judgement. But I will find someone. So you called me on Saturday. To gloat? Most probably not. And I answered. I didn’t cry. I tried again to understand your reasoning. I don’t want a wedding invitation of that I am sure. The goodbye was abrupt. Your battery died before I had a chance to make that complete closure but the intention on my part was clear. And with the feeling of a weight starting to lift, it still hurt but a little less.

Both A and B know now as well. B has never liked you. Thought you were never good enough for me. Couldn’t understand what I saw in you.
A on the other hand wanted us to have a fairytale ending. We were his very own Ross and Rachel. He can’t see why you’ve made this decision. To be fair, I’m not sure anyone can apart from yourself. But you have. And he thinks you’ve “flopped”, which are comforting words to hear on my part. Despite their supporting words, it still hurt. But again, a little bit less.

I have been a right saddo and Googled “inspiration quotes to get over heartbreak” (you can laugh at me), but I have read some words that have made me feel better. I’ve read articles on how to get over it. To let go. And I’ve made a list. The one that these articles tell you to make. It’s what Ross did with Rachel and Julie. I can’t say that it fared well for you.
But let’s face it, compared to what some people are going through in the world, what I'm going through pales in comparison. And with that perspective, it’s hurts that little bit less.

The items associated with memories are slowly being discarded. Some in the bin and some will be given back to you. Some I’ll keep because they’ll remind me that I’ve loved wholeheartedly. And it hurts. And it will continue to hurt but in time, it’ll get easier. I truly believe that. I have to believe that. Because if I don’t, I wouldn’t be me. And being me is more important than believing in what could have been.

To all of you – I can’t thank you enough for the comments that you have left me. Seriously. I know I am emotional (overly sometimes), but your words have been an immense help and by reading them (repeatedly!), it comforts me that there are people whom I’ve never met that are so kind. Thank you.

14 comments:

Gehan said...

good for you scrumpy! :) i spose only u will understand the pain ur goin thru, but its nice that ppls comments have been of some help..

i admit, i did laugh a little when i read abt u googling "inspirational quotes to get over heartbreak".. after all, i wouldnt be me if i didnt :D

cheers! glad ur on the road to recovery..

pp said...

chin up scumps. good days always follow the bad =)

cj said...

Time is the greatest healer....

Me-shak said...

Don't worry. It will all be healed when time goes by.
Take care.

Cheers!

Seesaw said...

SO glad that you're keeping the faith. Oh and check out 'quote garden' for nice quotes. Hehe :-)

crystal flame said...

so glad to hear you are hurting less. it'll get lesser over time. it's bound to. take care though!

Sabby said...

The pain will eventually stop and then, much much much later, you may even wonder what in the world you were thinking :)

Let time heal erase all your pain, darling girl *big hugs*

Anonymous said...

"there is no spring without a winter" is something I tell myself when this happens. that being said, there is no better cure for times like this, than laughter and this should help with that :) - http://bit.ly/8FH20k

anyway, first time on your blog, and love it, hope things get better soon :)

Delilah said...

mailed you :)

PseudoRandom said...

I think I know what you're going through, and I can safely say that it does get better. You just need to give yourself time to heal.

biiiiiiiiiig hug *high 5* xx

santhoshi said...

hugs scrumpy!!! take care of yourself!

Lady divine said...

I know too well what it's like...

and we're always here for you...

luv and hugs!

Angel said...

Oh baby.... i just read your blog and I'm so so sorry (tight, tight hugs) I'm glad you're keeping your chin up and keeping the faith. I Love you gal, and am proud of you!

Unknown said...

I really don't know how to say this Scrumps, but having met me and spoken I am sure you'll understand my predicament when it comes to these sort of issues :)

But I understand your pain and know that feeling where something you depended on is suddenly not there anymore!

Time heals everything! You will be fine soon, and when you are actually fine, these moments you are going through now will only look trivial!